Hello all. In this post I will be talking about my pregnancy skin and hair care routine. I am pretty lazy when it comes to keeping up an extensive daily beauty routine, so I try to keep things fairly simple. Since finding out I am pregnant I have made changes to the products I use so that they are safer then the ones I always used. None of the products I am using are luxury or high brand products. I am sticking to drugstore products to keep things under my budget. However these products don’t have any hardcore ingredients that can cause issues during pregnancy. However, I want to state that I am not a healthcare professional so if you have any doubts about using any of these products please consult your doctor before proceeding!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop through those links, however there will be no additional cost to you.
- Morning and night face wash: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
- I like this no nonsense face wash. I use it in the morning and at night before sleeping. Since pregnancy, I haven’t been putting on heavy makeup. Whatever little I do put on sometimes comes off well with this face wash.
- Face Moisturizer: Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Face Moisturizer (morning) and Aloe Vera gel, if you have the plant at home that’s the best, if not you can go with a gel such as, Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel from Organic Cold Pressed Aloe(night time)
- In the morning I use the Neutrogena Naturals face moisturizer. A little is enough for my mostly dry skin. At night I put on a layer of fresh aloe vera gel a half hour or so before sleeping and after washing my face. Sometimes I feel too lazy to put on the gel and then I just end up putting on the Neutrogena at night too.
- Aloe Vera gel can be used for great face masks also, check out my blog post for more info: 3 Simple Ways Aloe Vera can transform your face
- To reduce chances of stretch marks: Burts Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and Bio-Oil Skin Care Oil (morning and night)
- I started with putting on just the Burt’s Bees Belly butter, but later added in the Bio Oil to the regimen too. So basically now I put some of the Burt’s Bees cream in my hand, add in a little of the bio oil, rub my hands and rub it on my tummy, chest, butt and lower back. So far so good with no stretch marks, but I still have a few months to go so let’s see. The belly butter is super creamy and easy to spread. I have no issues with the smell of either of the two products.
- Body wash: Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
- This is a concentrated liquid soap which is natural and unscented. A little goes a loooong way. A squeeze into a washcloth is enough for the whole body. I have noticed that after I started using it my skin tends to be less dry.
- Body Moisturizer: Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- I use this pure organic extra virgin coconut oil as a general body moisturizer. It smells great and is very moisturizing. A little of this also goes a long way.
- Shampoo: Acure Organics, Shampoo, Pure Mint + Echinacea Stem Cell
- Makes hair nice and soft
- Pre-conditioner: Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Instead of using a conditioner after washing my hair, I put on the organic extra virgin coconut oil atleast a half hour before washing my hair. If you wash your hair in the morning you can leave it in the hair overnight and put on a shower cap and sleep. Using coconut as a pre conditioner helps reduce frizz, makes hair super soft, and can help in the reduction of hair fall. Also, there is no need for a post conditioner in most cases.
I also use certain masks once a week or so. I will be putting up a post with the mask recipes soon!
Ladies, let me know if you have used any of these products before and what you thought of them. For other mamas to be, what products are you using during your pregnancy? Please comment, I would love to hear from you! If you enjoyed this post and would like to read similar articles, please subscribe to my website(in the side bar or the bottom of this page). When you subscribe I will send out a freebie of yummy pregnancy smoothies!
For other pregnancy related articles, check out: