This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop through those links, however there will be no additional cost to you.
If you want to make something quick, vegetarian and yummy then this recipe could work for you. I love pasta and I am always experimenting with new vegetarian pasta recipes. Yesterday I was having one of my pregnancy induced cravings. I wanted pasta, and something garlicky and buttery and spicy, all at once. So this recipe is something I sort of made up as I went along. It didn’t take long, and you can tweak it to your liking. I like my food a little spicy so I have incorporated a bit of spice in this recipe…but you can always omit it.
1 Cup of uncooked elbows pasta (you can try with any other type of pasta such as spaghetti or penne)
3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter (or more if you want to make it more buttery)
3/4 Cup of assortment of vegetables such as cauliflower, beans, capsicum, tomatoes, baby spinach cut into medium sized pieces (you can also cut them smaller, just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly)
1 large onion cut lengthwise
3-5 large garlic gloves grated
Black pepper to taste
Indian Red chilli powder (such as this: Organic Indian Chili Powder ) to taste
Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the box, but after the water starts boiling and before you put in the pasta add cauliflower, capsicum, beans until they are cooked but have a bite to them. In boiling water that should take no longer then 3 minutes or so. Once done take them out and put the pasta in. This keeps the flavors in the pasta water which we will use later on.
- Melt butter in a medium pan and add garlic
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes and then add in the onions ( I used red onions for some extra kick but you use any kind of onions)
- Cook the onions until they start turning translucent and then add in the tomatoes
- Roast the tomatoes until they loose their shape and turn all mushy 🙂
- Then put in the salt, black pepper and some red chilli powder
- Cook the mixture for 3 minutes or so and then add in the rest of the vegetables (cauliflower, capsicum, baby spinach)
- Make sure all vegetables are well coated with the sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes before adding a little bit of the pasta water
- Add in the pasta
- Eat and enjoy while its hot!
Please do try the recipe and let me know how you like it! This is my first food post and I am trying to get a hang of it. I would love any comments (good/bad) so please don’t hesitate to post your comments.
If you enjoyed this post, do check out my other posts. And to get notifications when I put up something new please do subscribe to my website. When you subscribe I will send out a freebie of yummy pregnancy smoothies! You can find the subscription box on my sidebar and in the bottom of this page. Thanks so much!